As a homeowner, maintaining your home with yearly cleaning, repairs, inspections, and replacements of its features can seem like a never-ending job. As much as we might dread cleaning out the rain gutters or calling a plumber to inspect your pipes, replacing the roof, or everything else we do to care for our comes—keeping up with these tasks is well worth it for so many reasons.
After all, your home is an investment—and every ounce of effort that goes into caring for it should pay off later when it’s time to sell. It’s also important to remember that problems you can fix early on can prevent larger problems down the road.
Even so, it doesn’t make sense to fix something that’s not broken. In particular, window and door replacements should be carefully considered before jumping in. If you’re trying to find out whether it’s time to replace your windows or your doors, take a look at these tips from your expert team of window contractors at Delerio Construction.
Top Signs that You Need New Windows
Sometimes it’s obvious that your windows or doors need replacement, but other times, it can be hard to tell. Here’s a checklist of things to look for when evaluating your home’s window and doors—and how to tell if the issue can be fixed or if it calls for replacement.
- Your home feels drafty, and you’ve noticed it’s becoming harder to heat or to cool properly.
- You’ve noticed your home’s energy bills are rising every month—or are significantly higher than they were at the same time last year.
- You’ve found yourself dreading the idea of opening and closing your doors and windows and find yourself struggling to operate them like you used to.
- Your window and door products are seriously detracting from the beauty and aesthetic appeal of your home.
- You know your window or door products are old or cheaply-made and are wondering whether higher quality upgrades might be beneficial to your home’s efficiency, design, and functionality.
- Your home’s windows are single-pane windows, or your door is flimsy, lightweight, and seems unsafe.
- You can’t find the right replacement products to repair your windows or doors, as they’ve been discontinued and are no longer in stock.
- Your windows have become extremely hard to clean and always look dirty no matter how hard you work.
- Your window or door products are broken beyond repair and are a safety hazard.
- Your carpeting, furniture, clothing, and other belongings inside your home are faded from the sun.
What Are the Benefits of Energy-Efficient Windows?
If you’ve come to the conclusion that you’re in need of new windows, don’t panic. While it’s understandable to feel overwhelmed with the idea of spending money on new windows, rest assured that the benefits of today’s most innovative window products are well worth the investment. New, high-quality, energy-efficient windows are designed for functionality, beauty, and high-performance.
With features that make them easier to clean, longer-lasting, better-insulating, and more beautiful than ever before, modern window products are far superior to older, cheaply-made windows and can provide a lifetime of value to your home and lifestyle.
Top-Quality Fresno Replacement Windows
At Delerio Construction, we’re dedicated to serving our customers in Fresno and the surrounding areas with top-quality installations, exceptional products, and a lifetime of value with every home remodeling project we take on. As one of Central California’s most trusted home remodelers, we take pride in our work and have built a reputation for excellence in the industry.
If you’re interested in improving your home with our team of window contractors at Delerio Construction, we’d love to hear from you. Find out more about our products and services by giving us a call—or request a free, in-home pricing estimate by submitting our online form to get started.
Subscribe to DC Home Improvements's Blog